Saturday, June 28, 2008
Maybe next year he'll be ready for some of the bigger rides. This year he found the mirrors entertaining...
And of course, he loved the pool! We spent a few hours there and as soon as we got out, it started storming.
The admission bracelet was an item of interest throughout the day, and after dinner he couldn't resist trying to gnaw it off.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
The music on the square has been great! Sometimes we grab dinner and eat it on the square, other times, we walk the block and a half over to check things out when we get a little restless indoors. Dominic thinks he's the new drummer for all the bands!
I've been wanting to walk over to Union Terminal since I've lived here and this weekend we did just that to visit The Body exhibit. I'm still not sure how I feel about the exhibit... but the walk was perfect!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
You'll also see that Dominic is fascinated with carpet imprints. This one was enough to deter him from our game of chase. I think this is a strong indication that he'll appreciate nice vacuum lines in the carpet and won't mess up my nicely vacuumed floors! ;
Friday, June 20, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
How is it June already??
Capturing those important moments for the blog keeps ending up at the bottom of the list. So here are the highlights...
* I'm house hunting. Though I love our downtown home, the commute to the new daycare is adding an extra 1 - 2 hours to our day. Taking my time and hope to be in a new place before it snows. This means a yard and lots of other fun things for Dominic....
* Nanny taught Dominic the "roll 'em up" part of patty-cake this weekend. Hilarious! I need to capture it on video. It looks like the Pee Wee Herman dance! And I think he knows how cute it is! :) This is the most recent addition to his repertoire of clapping, "So big", giving "5", peek-a-boo, yelling UH-OH (usually just the UH part and usually after throwing food on the floor)... He loves to entertain!
* We are now a formula-free house! While I love the financial aspect of this, I'm terrible about remembering perishable groceries and have a feeling it won't be too long before I run out and he has a meltdown.
* No walking yet, but he took his first step while holding on from the coffee table to the couch this weekend. He is not interested in walking while holding my hands at all.
* Dominic has recognized and responded to words like "hungry?", "bottle", etc. since the first week he was home. He's starting to "say" more things. Tonight I asked him if he wanted a bottle and he crawled to the kitchen saying "Bob-bob" and one of his favorite Elmo toys sings La-La-La-La and he calls it "Wa-Wa-Wa".
* His favorite food is Mac and Cheese. Each time one of his classmates brings it for lunch, he has a note on his daily report that he was spotted reaching across the table and stealing their food! French fries run a close second. Cheerios and puffs are falling of the radar.
* His sleep patterns are more inconsistent than ever. Sometimes he'll sleep all night, Monday night he was up from 1:30 am - 5:00 am. I still think we should all get a case of Gallo and a case of Guate coffee as a sort of "starter kit" at the Embassy appointment. Mothers that give birth get a free diaper bag of goodies at the hospital from the formula companies, so it only seems fair...