Thursday, March 26, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Exciting news in our house over the last few weeks!
- Dominic has finally come to terms with eating from a plate. I'm not sure why this was such a big issue, but he REFUSED to eat unless his food was placed directly on the table (yogurt, applesauce, didn't matter...) He still occasionally picks his food up with his mouth and "shows mommy how the piggies eat." I know it should require some discipline, but I'm usually too busy trying not to crack up.
- Dominic's showing some interest in using the potty. He's too cool to even think it's a big deal though. We'll see where it goes. I'm not pushing it at this point. I'll spare you the pictures on this one, but, yes, they exist. :)
- He is learning to appreciate tv. :)
- Dominic is doing wonderful in his new class at school. He is an expert at identifying circles, stars and hearts, knows most of his colors when asked to identify them and is "counting" though not quite getting all the numbers right. He continues to love to sing and dance and is repeating EVERYTHING I say. This could be a problem.
- I had to go out of town for work last week, so we've had quite a bit of separation anxiety at school this week. He does the full kola bear tactic and just hangs off my neck. It's so sad.
- There was a video of him throwing a ball a few months ago and let me tell you, that skill has vastly improved. It's not just balls he's throwing now.... everything flies through the air with great accuracy, especially when he doesn't get his way. He can also "dribble" one of his balls like a basketball and kick his soccer ball. Although soccer usually ends in another game with the net...
- We also completed our 1 year post-placement social worker visit last week. I can't believe we're all done! Appplication to final post-placement was right at 2 years! So forunate to have such a smooth process!